Golf-related injuries happen to golfers of all ages, sizes and skill levels. The golf swing is a complex movement that requires full strength and range of motion of every part of your body, and it creates a lot of force on your joints. Pain (and a poor golf swing) often occur when you don’t use the right muscles, at the right time, to do the right swing. And to make things even more complicated, pain is often the result of one part of your body trying to compensate for an issue in another part.
Our programs aren’t one-size-fits-all, but customized to address YOUR specific concerns and issues. Each program includes (1) assessing your physical abilities and golf swing to identify problem areas, (2) using physical therapy treatments to improve your mobility and flexibility, and (3) giving you the information and tools to manage or overcome pain and sustain improvements.
- Evaluate your strength, flexibility, balance and range of motion through a comprehensive movement analysis and TPI’s Physical Golf Screening.
- Use the K-Vest 3D motion capture to analyze your swing and determine where your swing it is breaking down and causing you pain.
- Restore normal mobility of your joints and flexibility of your muscles – with hands-on treatment (joint mobilizations, soft tissue work, stretching exercises, dry needling, cupping, kinesio-taping, and more.)
- Teach you to use your “stabilizer” and “mover” muscles properly to decrease any compensations that can cause pain and/or swing faults
- Educate you on our “Mindfulness Method for Managing Pain” so that you can take control of your pain.
- Design an unique health & fitness program that will protect your body and increase your golf performance.
- Instruct you in a personalized “Roller Release” and “Trigger Point Release” program to help you manage your flexibility, movement and pain.
- Educate you on nutrition, hydration, posture, ergonomics, body mechanics, sleep habits, equipment selection and relaxation techniques.
- Work with you on the Wildwood Green Golf Club’s driving range, putting green, and golf course to fine tune your pain free swing and new skills.
NEW: We’re one of the few clinics licensed to use TrueRelief, a non-invasive medical device cleared by the FDA for the relief of chronic pain, post-surgical pain or post-traumatic pain. Learn more about this state-of-the-art treatment.
There is also a cross over benefit from working with Kjersten that transcends golf, into my every day well-being…I now can golf without pain in my knees, ankle, or shoulders. I can also work out and not have pain in my joints. (Alan G.)